The author of this book is Ted Dekker. He is a New York Times best selling author and is famous for his suspense and thriller novels. He also writes some of the best spiritually themed books including : Thr3e, Skin, Obsessed, Boneman's Daughters, and Adam. He has also written: Black, Red, White, Green, Chosen, Infidel, REnegade, Chaos, Lunatic, Elyon, Showdown, Saint, Sinner, and House.
Ted was born to missionaries among the headhunter tribes of Indonesia. At 13 Dekker left Indonesia, then graduated highschool, and took up philosophy and religion. But deep down he had a strong desire to become an author, so he started writind novels. After two novels he found that writing satisfied him, so he sold his business and started writing his third novel.
Some themes that recurr in many of his novels including Adam are : a struggle that has the protagonist running from a serial killer, utilizing darkness and hoplessness vs. light and love, a spiritual reality that constantly reveals itself through the story though it may not be visible, and that love and self - sacrifice are life's greatest purpose (which I agree with ). I think he wrote the book Adam to establish the distinct lines between good and evil, to bring people closer to Christ, and of course to entertain the reader. Which he did a great job on. I believe that he is trying to tell us through this book that it is SO much better to go with the good than the evil! Yet so many young people, and adults even have no sense of right or wrong and do sooooo much wrong! The good is right there in front of us and so many of us go our whole lives without even acknowledging it! I find that very sad and so does Ted Dekker. He protrays that message in so many of his books, and that is one of many reasons why he can get so many young people hooked on his writings.
I have read one other book that he co-authored with Frank Peretti called House. It is in an incredible read and I would reccommend to anybody of any age. It is about two couples that are trapped in a massive house that are getting followed by a phsycopath murderer. They are forced into a game that drives one of the four mad and he goes crazy. There is a massive battle between good and evil, and it is one of the scariest books I have ever read. I would not reccommend reading it at night!
I will most definitely read other books by this author! He is a fantastic author and gives out an awesome message to all while entertaining them. I really want to read Thr3e, because I have heard it is a truly terrifying novel. And I love scary stories that are realistic.
Luke Schonberger - Good ALWAYS conquers evil :)
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On first glance this looks good! Have a great holiday.
ReplyDelete