Thursday, March 11, 2010

Evaluation - March 11 2010

The things that I liked about how Ted Dekker did it was how he would write in present tense one story, and then in past tense another one. Like he would tell the story in Daniel’s point of view and the plot would be about trying to catch Alex, then he would go into third person into a news article written by "Anne Rudolph" and tell the story of Alex and Jessica’s life growing up, up until present times. I also enjoyed how he switched point of views between characters. He would start by using Daniel then move to Heather the next chapter and Dr. Lori the next. I find it very interesting to find out what everyone is thinking and what is going on in their minds.

However I disliked how the author put a whole bunch of information into your head at one time because it can be a lot to handle and think about at one time. I thought he needed to take it just a tad slower and let us have time to think about what had just happened. Other than that the book was great!

I would compare this book to the other book of his that I have read, House (co-authored with Frank Peretti), to both being scary, both having to do with religion, and both having to do with serial killers. However, House is always scary and very tense like something is about to jump out at you, while in Adam the characters are safe at some points in time and not always in danger like the ones in House. Although, I did like Adam a bit better than House.

- Luke Schonberger

No comments:

Post a Comment