Thursday, March 11, 2010

Experiences - March 11 2010

This book is all about spiritual warfare, and it definitely reminded me of one of the most amazing, awesome and best nights of my life. It was at the Steubenville Youth Conferences during Adoration. Adoration is a time where Jesus’s body is put in the monstrance and carried around where people adore the power of Christ. There is about 3000 people between the ages of 13 and 19 all worshiping God so as you can imagine it is extremely powerful. If you cant imagine then I will tell you, there is praise and worship music in the back ground and Jesus is moving around the gym and you are on your knees, crying and feeling the warmth and love of His presence gently touching you. You reach your hands out and you can almost feel God’s hand reaching out and grabbing it. You are either bawling your eyes out because you are ashamed of your sins and being brought before the Lord, which is an amazing feeling because it is a healing cry, or you are laughing hysterically because you are filled with the greatest type of pure joy! And there are the extremities as well, and this is where my experience comes in.

Some people live such sinful lives that they get a bit, or a lot, of a demon in them and then they go to Steubenville which is officially Holy Land and the demon inside of them gets really, really angry. Then comes Adoration time and they so angry that they possess the human that they are in and take complete control over the body. They start to use the foulest, crudest language have seizure type things and will even hit the people beside him. That is what happened to a boy that looked about 16 who wasn’t that far from where I was. It was the most shocking thing that happened to me in my life. There were about 25 priests surrounding him praying over him. You could feel the strongest forces of evil battle the strongest forces of good. They ended up holding him fast and placing the Monstrance in front of his face and he was screaming and cursing, but the power of Christ overwhelmed him and he started to cry like there was no tomorrow. It was truly amazing.

The next day I saw him walking around the campus and he had the biggest smile ever on his face. This was a very powerful sign that God is real and that He is the one that I live for and that we all should live for. "I will love and adore Him, I will bow down before Him, You are my Prince of Peace and I will live my life for You". That line was stuck in my head after that and always reminds me of that amazing night of my life. I hope you enjoyed to hear about my life - changing experience!

- Luke Schonberger

No comments:

Post a Comment