In this book, Adam, I did not understand how Daniel could see things when he was in his Near Death Experiences. He would get Dr. Lori to inject some substance into him that kills him, so he can remember when Alex's face right before he got shot. He would start to die and his DMT would start to kick in. DMT stands for this really long word, and basically what it is, is the substance that your brain lets out right before you die that lets you remember random memories that you may not of even knew were stored in your brain. So Daniel would get "killed" and search for Alex's face, so he can get a head start on his case. Another thing that I don't understand is how Daniel had 3 NDE' s and that Dr. Lori resuscitated him every time with out him dying. He must have been a very strong person in mind and body I am guessing. Lastly, I didn't understand how Jessica ( Alex's sister ) didnt have as much negative affects as Alex, I mean it's good that she didn't, but it doesn't make sense how she went on to live a perfectly normal life when Alex became a possesed serial killer.
I think the author made the reader's not find out that Dr. Lori is Jessica until the exorcism part to build suspense and to have an amazing twist. When I found that out it truly surprised me, I definitely did not even think that Lori could possibly be Jessica. I thought that Jessica just left from the story after Alex beat up her boyfriend, Bruce. After, that everything seemed to make sense and woven together. Ted Dekker did a fantastic job in putting that secluded twist into the story.
If I had been the author, I personally would have changed the rising action part of the story and made it a little more action packed because it takes a while before it gets really exciting and really interesting. I would have made Heather have an encounter with Alex and maybe she could get shot too. That would put some more suspense into the story, I beleive.
The conclusion of the book is truly phenomenal. I love the ending because everyone is at peace with God and they all are living happy lives, even Alex who is in jail because he is free from the demon Eve. Everything is calm and blissful while before all was tense, nervous, scare, and angry. But there is NOTHING to fear when you have trust in God, and I have learned that from personal experiences that have literally changed my life and made me look at it in a whole new way.
Probably my favorite scene in this book is the exorcism at the ending. It is a true battle between the most powerful forces of evil and the most powerful and pure forces of good. This scene takes place in a root cellar and has 5 characters in it, Fr. Seymour, Alex, Jessica, Eve, and Heather. It is so complex that you would have to read the book to fully understand it.
Luke Schonberger
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment